New Year’s Resolutions make me stabby. There’s just so much PRESSURE. We make these big proclamations, resolving to quit smoking, lose weight, be a nicer person, etc. Then by mid-February we’re back to our old tricks and habits, feeling like giant losers for not sticking to our resolutions.
This is exactly why I don’t make resolutions. Instead I think about things I MAY want to try to do better, IF I feel like it. This year those are as follows:
1. Blog more often. Apparently the folks at my work think that I should actually work instead of write blog posts. I know! WTF? But it should be slowing down here soon, so I might be able to achieve this one.
2. Exercise more. My youngest asked for a mini-trampoline for Christmas, so I bought him an Urban Rebounder. I figured he’d like it for a couple of days and then I’d get to use it for myself. And I’ve been doing just that! It’s quite a workout, and I’m really liking it. So much that I bought all the different workouts they have on DVD. There’s like 14 of them. I figure if I have a lot of variety I’ll be more apt to stick with it.
3. Drink less Starbucks. So far, this isn’t going well, since I already got a mocha this morning. But hey, it was the first day back at work, and I slept like crap last night. I needed some energy. Plus it was 4 degrees this morning and I was cold. And yes, I could have gotten some FREE, low-cal coffee here at work and gotten the same buzz. But nothing replaces that mocha-y goodness…
Ones that didn’t make the cut:
1. Work harder. Seriously people, do you know me at all?
2. Go on a diet. Isn’t it enough that I’m exercising? I can’t take the pressure of a diet.
3. Watch less TV. Ummmm, no.
4. Spend less time reading other people’s blogs. Again, no. You people keep me going. It comforts me to know that others are just as insane as me.
5. Curse less. No fucking way.
So how about you? Do you make resolutions? If so, what are they?
Happy New Year!!